Friday, October 5, 2012

Hotel life

     As a lot of you know, we have been living in a hotel since being in Italy.  I remember when I would hear of someone living in a hotel I thought, " That would be alright with me". Someone else would do all the cleaning, cooking, laundry,etc.  Well, it's nice for a few days.  I actually feel like doing some cleaning and COOKING! not to mention, I actually enjoy laundry :)  In fact, the first week we were here, I didn't send my underwear off to be cleaned by the hotel laundry service.  It just felt a little weird to me.  Well, needless to say, I ran out of clean underwear and washing them myself in the sink wasn't all that great..haha 
     Since Boeing covers the cost of laundry service, I decided to just get over myself and send my unmentionables off for cleaning.  I think those who have been washing our laundry here have,
 what I've been calling, "Laundry Magic".  Our clothes have been coming back to us cleaner than I can remember and a few difficult stains that I have tried removing, have disappeared! I guess that 250+ Euros a week to have our laundry done is worth it.  At our current hotel, our clothes were brought back to us in boxes and wrapping as if they were giving us Christmas presents! A little over the top..but interesting.
 The view from our current hotel: (top) facing southwest; (below) facing north

                                      
 Each shirt, skirt, pants, etc. were individually wrapped.   
Stay 'tuned',  we are moving to a temporary appartment next week in the rich part of Naples-Posillipo.  

1 comment:

mtoliveira said...

Ha Ha! That is hysterical! Dang, I can't believe they pay that much for laundry. I think I should let my family know they are short changing me.:) If you find out what toxic chemical they are using to get those stains out, share with us back in the states. I hope you enjoy the apartment life and continue to be spoiled. Think of all the time you have now to be reading, writing, and exploring. Love to you and the family!